I have been working as a conference interpreter based in Germany for more than 20 years. I have considerable professional experience and have interpreted in a large number of industries. Thanks to my central location in Frankfurt and my flexibility, I am able to support my clients at their international events all over Europe.
Continuous further training and trips abroad ensure that I always keep my language skills and specialist knowledge up to date. I respect the confidentiality of my clients’ event content as a matter of course.
I see myself as an intermediary between two cultures: I have been living in Germany since 1997, but still feel a strong connection to Italy, my home country, which I visit often.
Background & qualifications (a selection)
- Grew up in Italy
- Studied interpreting at the University of Bologna (Forlì school of interpreting and translation), at the University of Westminster in London and Johannes Gutenberg University in Mainz (FTSK Germersheim)
- 1997: Graduated as an interpreter for English and German (native language Italian) from the University of Bologna
- 1997: Moved to Frankfurt and have been working as a freelance conference interpreter in Germany, Switzerland, Italy and other European countries ever since
- 2007 to 2014: Lecturer in simultaneous and consecutive interpreting for German->Italian and English->Italian at the University of Mainz (FTSK Germersheim)
- Sworn interpreter for Italian, approved for courts and notaries in the Hessen region
- Senior member of the German association of conference interpreters (Verband der Konferenzdolmetscher - VKD im BDÜ e.V.)